Hahnville, Louisiana is located in St. Charles Parish and is home to a population of around 3,400 people. The town sits on the banks of the Mississippi River and is bordered by Des Allemands to the south, Luling to the east, and Boutte to the north. The climate in Hahnville is humid subtropical with mild winters and hot summers. Check whicheverhealth for information about Ama, Louisiana.
Hahnville has a long history that dates back to its founding in 1876. Its name was derived from a German immigrant who opened a store near what is now known as Hahnville. During this time period, sugarcane plantations were extremely common in the area and many of these families still live in Hahnville today.
Politics in Hahnville are dominated by Republicans; however, there are some Democrats scattered throughout the town as well. The economy of Hahnville consists primarily of small businesses like restaurants, shops, and services. It also serves as a bedroom community for those who work in nearby New Orleans or Baton Rouge.
The St. Charles Parish Public School System serves students living in Hahnville; it consists of seven elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, and one alternative school. There are also many private schools located throughout the parish that offer religious instruction or alternative curriculum options for families looking for something different than what’s offered through public education systems.
As far as landmarks go, there are plenty to explore within the city limits of Hahnville itself or just outside its boundaries! The historic St Charles Courthouse located on Main Street is a popular destination for visitors looking to learn more about Louisiana’s history or take pictures with its iconic clock tower. Visitors can also enjoy visits to local parks such as Schreiber Park or Lake Salvador State Park which provide outdoor recreation opportunities like fishing and camping for those wishing to explore nature at its finest!
Males: 1,382 (49.5%), Females: 1,410 (50.5%)
St. Charles County
Zip code: 70057
Median resident age: 34.2 years
Median household income: $39,405
Median house value: $98,900
Races in Hahnville:
- Black (50.9%)
- White Non-Hispanic (47.1%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
Ancestries: French (15.7%), German (7.9%), United States (4.8%), Italian (4.7%), Irish (3.4%), English (2.1%).
Elevation: 14 feet
Land area: 7.8 square miles
Hahnville, Louisiana is a small town located in St. Charles Parish along the banks of the Mississippi River. It has a population of around 3,000 people and is known for its rural lifestyle and friendly atmosphere. The median household income in Hahnville is $50,000 and the cost of living is quite low compared to other areas in Louisiana. Housing prices are very affordable, with the median price for a home being around $175,000. Renters can find apartments for around $800 per month. Groceries and utilities are also relatively inexpensive when compared to other areas of the state. There are several local businesses that offer goods and services to residents at reasonable prices. The town also offers plenty of outdoor activities such as fishing, hunting, kayaking, camping, biking trails and more. There is also an abundance of local restaurants that serve delicious Cajun cuisine such as jambalaya and gumbo. Hahnville provides its residents with a tranquil atmosphere where they can enjoy their lives without having to worry about high living costs or overcrowding.
For population 25 years and over in Hahnville
- High school or higher: 75.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 12.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.2%
- Unemployed: 9.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hahnville CDP
- Never married: 30.2%
- Now married: 50.0%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 7.0%
- Divorced: 10.9%
1.6% Foreign born
Hospitals/medical centers near Hahnville:
- LULING REHABILITATION HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; LULING, LA)
- ST CHARLES HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; LULING, LA)
- LAPLACE REHABILITATION HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; LA PLACE, LA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hahnville:
- LOUIS ARMSTRONG NEW ORLEANS INTL (about 12 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Abbreviation: MSY)
- LAKEFRONT (about 28 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Abbreviation: NEW)
- BATON ROUGE METROPOLITAN, RYAN FIELD (about 63 miles; BATON ROUGE, LA; Abbreviation: BTR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hahnville:
- ST JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH (about 14 miles; RESERVE, LA; Abbreviation: 1L0)
- NEW ORLEANS DOWNTOWN (about 24 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Abbreviation: 7N0)
- NEW ORLEANS NAS JRB/ALVIN CALLENDER FIELD/ (about 29 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Abbreviation: NBG)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hahnville:
- TULANE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA (about 20 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Full-time enrollment: 10,230)
- LOYOLA UNIVERSITY NEW ORLEANS (about 20 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Full-time enrollment: 4,399)
- XAVIER UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA (about 22 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Full-time enrollment: 3,659)
- DELGADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 23 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Full-time enrollment: 8,193)
- LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY-HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER (about 24 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Full-time enrollment: 2,496)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS (about 25 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Full-time enrollment: 12,442)
- SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY AT NEW ORLEANS (about 28 miles; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Full-time enrollment: 3,217)
Public primary/middle schools in Hahnville:
- EUAL J. LANDRY MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 366; Location: 108 TIGER CIRCLE; Grades: 06 – 08)
- CARVER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 276; Location: 337 GUM STREET; Grades: PK – 05)
- HAHNVILLE LEARNING CENTER (Students: 108; Location: 626 PINE STREET; Grades: PK – PK)